:::: MENU ::::
WELCOME.. Sit, relax have a ☕. Drop me a message and let me know you were here. Follow the Pineapple 🍍 too!




Tuesday, August 1, 2023

 


The former garden area is/was in need of a make-over as the shrubs that were there were overgrown and unsightly so I finally got started on it. Whomever owned the house prior, put a ton of crushed rock down and no matter how deep I go, I keep hitting more and more.

I planted Bromeliads before going north last month, but now in hindsight I wish I had waited as they are a low growing plant and would have been better in the front. I might still change them, just not sure as yet. Depends on what else I decide to put in the area. The original are as you can see was approx. 6 feet in depth and the length of the front section of the house. We are/will be cutting that down to about half the depth as highlighted by the string. The brick work will be brought back to the stone line and we will fill in the area with fresh soil, etc. to give any new plant a running start.


Take a look at that potted Mexican Mint ( Coleus amboinicus) plant, its already become three times its size since bringing it home..



I also started a small area on the other side of the entrance with snake plants.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment